Released in 2014, Mega Fortune Dreams was the much anticipated sequal to NetEnt’s famous Mega Fortune slot (launched back in 2009).
Just like Mega Fortune from 2009, the Mega Fortune Dreams slot come with three progressive jackpots. The Mega Fortune Dreams Mega Jackpot is a pooled progressive jackpot fed jointly by a multitude of online casinos, while the Major Jackpot and Rapid Jackpot are progressive jackpots unique to each individual casino.
Examples of big Mega Fortune Dreams Mega Jackpot payouts:
- €5,505,845 on 2 July, 2017
- €5,050,957 on 29 March, 2015
- €4,645,001 on 8 October, 2018
- €4,628,064 on 19 July, 2015
- €4,621,377 on 4 April, 2017
Mega Fortune Dreams has the same theme as the Mega Fortune slot, i.e. a life of luxury, but the graphics and animations feels more modern. There are also some new game features.
When you make a wager on Mega Fortune Dreams, 5.5% of the wager goes to feed the pooled Mega Jackpot. Only 1% goes to the Major Jackpot and another 1% to the Rapid Jackpot.
About the Mega Fortune Dreams slot
- Game developer: NetEntertainment (NetEnt)
- Launch year: 2014
- Reels: 5
- Paylines: 20
- Special features: Sticky Wilds with Re-spin, Free Spins Round with Multiplier, Bonus Round
- Progressive jackpot: Yes, one pooled and two non-pooled progressive jackpots
- Smallest possible wager: 20 paylines x 1 coin x €0.01 coin value = €0.20
- Largest possible wager: 20 paylines x 4 coins x €1 coin value = €80
- Coin values: €0.01 / 0.02 / 0.05 / 0.10 / 0.20 / 0.50 / 1
- RTP: 96.4%
You always play with all 20 paylines active, but get to select the coin value and how many coins to bet per payline (1 coin, 2 coins, 3 coins or 4 coins).
Highest possible win that aren’t a progressive jackpot is 1 680 000 coins.
As mentioned above, the theme for Mega Fortune Dreams is luxury. Examples of symbols that can show up on the reels are champagne bottles, palm trees, expensive wrist watches, designer bags, drinks, and playing card symbols (10 to A). The card symbols are golden and adorned with diamonds to fit with the theme.
Sticky Wilds with Re-spin
This is one of the features that separates Mega Fortune Dreams from its predecessor Mega Fortune. With Mega Fortune Dreams, you get to enjoy Sticky Wilds with Re-spins. When one or more sticky wilds appear, they will freeze in place while the other spots re-spin, giving you a chance to win again without having to make a new wager.
- The sticky wild in Mega Fortune consists of two palms + the word WILD in gold.
- The sticky wild can appear on any reel.
- The sticky wild can appear in the basic game as well as during the free spin round.
- The sticky wild can substitute for any regular symbol, but not for the scatter symbol (the jewel) or the bonus symbol (the wheel of fortune).
Free Spin Round
The scatter symbol is a blue jewel + the word SCATTER. If you get at least three scatters, anywhere on the reels, the Free Spin Round will start.
At the start of the free spin round, you will have a 3x win multiplier. Each time a new scatter appears, your multiplier is increased by one or two steps OR you get one, two or three additional free spins.
The highest possible multiplier is 10x. (Once you have reached that level, all subsequent scatters will automatically award free spins.)
- The Sticky Wild with Re-Spin is active even during the Free Spin Round.
- It is possible to get to the Bonus Round during the Free Spin Round.
The Bonus Round with three Progressive Jackpots
The progressive jackpots on Mega Fortune Dreams can only be won in the Bonus Round. It is possible to trigger the Bonus Round from the base game (including re-spins) and during the free spin round.
To start the Bonus Round, you need to get at least three bonus symbols anywhere on the reels 3, 4 and 5. The bonus symbols are miniature versions of the spinning wheel of fortune.
As the bonus round starts, a big wheel of fortune (which is actully three wheels in one) will appear on the screen. The outermost wheel will spin, and you can either win coins (up to 240 coins) or proceed to spin the middle wheel.
On the middle wheel, you can win coins (up to 560 coins), the progressive Rapid Jackpot, or proceed to the innermost wheel. There are 24 fields on the middle wheel. Two of them pay out the Rapid Jackpot, four send you to the innermost wheel, and all the other ones pay out coin wins.
On the innermost wheel, you can win coins (up to 6,000 coins) or the progressive Major Jackpot, or be sent into the core where the progressive Mega Jackpot awaits you. There are 12 fields, of which ten pay out coins, one is for the Major Jackpot and one is for sending you to the core to collect the Mega Jackpot.
Your wager size impacts your odds
The larger your wager is when playing Mega Fortune Dreams, the higher your statistical chance of winning one of the three progressive jackpots. Still, it is absolutely possible to win any of them on a minimal wager – the chance is just smaller, not non-existant.
Thus, the fields on the wheels of fortune does not represent true probabilities.