This is a quirky little slot from NextGen where we get to know two upperclass foxes who are enjoying the sweet life in their elegant manor house.
Foxin’ Wins is included in several game packages for online casinos, including NYX OGS, Openbet, and Microgaming’s Quickfire.
This is a good looking game with 3D-feeling, high-quality animations and a big dose of humour. There is a multitude of innovative features to enjoy, including free spins round, leprechaun shake down and the foxy funds feature.
The more coins you bet (25 coins, 35 coins or 50 coins), the higher your chance of getting wild symbols. Since you can set the coin value low, wagering 50 coins doesn’t have to break the bank.
When I play Foxin’ Wins, I turn off the sound after a while, because even though the upbreat background music is fun and cheerful, it is also veyr intense and would drive me crazy in the long run.
About the Foxin’ Wins slot
- Game developer: NextGen Gaming
- Launch year: 2013
- Reels: 5
- Paylines: 25
- Smallest possible bet: 1 coin x 25 paylines x €0.01 coin value = €0.25
- Largest possible standard bet: The 50 coins superbet x €2 coin value = €100
- Coin values: €0.01 / 0.02 / 0.05 / 0.10 / 0.20 / 0.25 / 0.50 / 1 / 2
- Special features: Standard wild symbol, Expanding wild symbol, Free spin round with 2x win multiplier and increased chance of wild symbols, Foxy Funds bonus, Leprechaun Shake Down bonus
- Progressive jackpot: No
- You always play with all 25 paylines active on Foxin’ Wins.
- You can elect to do a superbet; either 35 coins or 50 coins. The more coins you bet, the higher your chance of getting help from extra wild symbols, both in the standard game and during the free spin round.
The theme for this slot is a rich fox couple who are enjoying their life in the countryside. The game takes place in their elegant manor house. Examples of symbols that can show up are a golden fountain, a pot of coins, bills, the manor house, Mr Fox, and Mrs Fox driving her red cabriolet.
Foxin’ Wins is a so called low-variance slot. This means that, statistically speaking, it pays out many small and mid-sized wins rather than save up for a few huge ones. There is no huge progressive or fixed jackpot to win.
Standard wild symbol
Mr Fox is the standard wild symbol in this game. He can replace any standard symbol, but not special symbols such as the scatter symbol.
The fox cub is a wild symbol maker
When you play Foxin’ Wins with a 25 coin wager, a fox cub can emerge from the third wheel and turn other symbols into wild symbols on the reels.
If you make a 35 coin wager instead, fox cubs can emerge from the second, third and fourth reel, increasing your chance of getting help from wild symbols.
If you make a 50 coin wager, fox cubs can emerge from all the five reels, giving you an even higher chance of getting wild symbols to help you out.
Both the 35 coin and the 50 coin wager are known as superbets.
Fox cubs during the free spin round
During the free spins round, the fox cubs will be more active than during the standard game. This means that they are more likely to emerge and turn symbols into wild symbols.
The free spin round
The golden pot with coins is a scatter symbol. If you get at least three pots at the same time, anywhere on the reels, a Free Spin round consisting of 10 free spins will start.
- During the free spin round, a 2x win multiplier is active.
- The fox cubs are more active during free spins. This becomes extra noticable if you have made a superbet (35 or 50 coin wager), since you have fox cubs hiding in more than one reel after a superbet.
It is possible to trigger new free spins during free spins. The number of free spins is not doubled by the win multiplicator.
The Foxy Funds Feature
The Foxy Funds Feature is not connected to any specific symbol combination. Instead, it can be triggered randomly after any spin where you got at least one coin win. Mr Fox will appear on the screen and start shuffling gold – which means more money for you.
Leprechaun Shake Down
Just like the Foxy Funds Feature, the Leprechaun Shake Down is not tied to any specific symbol combination. It is triggered randomly, and features Mr Fox chasing after a leprechaun. If Mr Fox catches the little green guy, he will shake him violently. Every coin that falls out is a win for you.
Playing Double or Nothing with your win
After a coin win in Foxin’ Wins, you can elect to play double or nothing with the money. If you feel even more adventorous, you can even play 4x or nothing.
- If you want to play double or nothing, select Bet Win and then indicate that you want to guess colour (black or red). The enter your guess. A card will be pulled from a deck. If you guessed right, the wagered money will double. If you guessed wrong, you lose the money.
- If you want to play 4x or nothing, select Bet Win and then indicate that you want to guess card suit (hearts / spades / diamonds / clubs). Then enter your guess. A card will be pulled from a deck. If you guessed right, the wagered money will quadruple. If you guessed wrong, you lose the money.